“World class energy for a sustainable city.”
The Christchurch District Energy Company (CDEC) is a specialist district energy scheme development partnership of ENGIE Services and Pioneer Energy. Our core business is building, owning and operating thermal energy supply systems and services in Christchurch, New Zealand.
We are an active investment partner and provider of sustainable heating and cooling options, with a long term approach to partnering with our customers that is supported by extensive local and international experience.
CDEC was formed in response to a public procurement process run by Christchurch City Holdings Limited, the wholly owned investment arm of Christchurch City Council, for the provision of a District Energy Scheme for Christchurch. Other key supporters of CDEC have been:
- Christchurch City Council
- Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority
- Canterbury District Health Board
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority
- Christchurch Agency for Energy
What we offer
We strive to be the leading delivery partner for high quality, efficient and cost effective thermal energy supply, providing:
- Innovative and market leading energy solutions for post-earthquake buildings in Christchurch
- Build quality and aesthetics that are in keeping with benchmark commercial and residential developments
- Sustainable and efficient energy supply and reporting systems that achieve best practice building environmental assessment outcomes (GreenStar, NABERSNZ)
- Transfer of non-core development and operational risk
- Future proofing and resilience of energy supply and services